Saturday, March 9, 2013

Last Letter


March 08, 2013
10:13PM

I know that this time, you will be able to read this.

I saw the news this late morning; and indeed, I was one of those people who really felt sad about it. That normal human instinct of feeling sad, especially to people who had known you like me. I cannot explain the emotions inside me.  At this time, I am happy because I am going to the province after some months of staying in Manila. I am also happy that I will be attending my cousin's wedding tomorrow.  On the other hand, there is also this pang of sadness because of what happened to you.

The series of events made me realize that with every celebration happening, there is also mourning at some point in the globe. That with every life introduced in the world, there is also a life taken away.

I should be happy for you. At last, the pains are no more to be felt by you. You're safe in God's love and presence. However, I feel that sadness towards the people you left behind. You have been so precious to them that they had fought for you. Indeed, it's hard for them to lose you.

You are an excellent fighter who never gave up. Your life has helped me define what a real fighter is. Because of you, I realized that a real fighter is not someone who remains alive after a difficult battle; he is someone who fearlessly faces each trials ahead of his way. You are that kind of fighter; and you have fought a good fight of faith.

After a long and tiresome battle, the fighter needs to rest in the arms of Abba Father. Have your rest now. This is a season for us to simply trust in His character, in Him who is the Author of our lives, including yours. I guess He ended your story happily… or much more appropriate to say, that it never ended, because we know that you are in Him, right at this time until forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment